I have the BRCA1 gene as do my 3 sisters and my oldest daughter. The genetic counselor advised me to have a consultation with a gynecologic oncology surgeon to remove my ovaries and tubes, completed October 2015. Early spring 2016 I had a mammogram and MRI of both breast. Mammogram did not see any suspicious cells but the MRI did. July 2016 we did a biopsy. It was inconclusive. I was ready to discuss my options for a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction, completed August 24, 2016. By this time my sister had been diagnosed for the second time with breast cancer and my other sister was undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer.
NOW: In the spring 2019 I had developed a large tumor in my left breast against my scar line. August 30, 2019 I woke up with excruciating pain and large lump in my armpit. Now I’m scared and in a panic to get a mammogram and ultrasound, completed September 10, 2019.
September 16, 2019 biopsy is done from both suspicious painful tumors. Axilla tumor has grown to the size of a clementine. Biopsy results, yep bad news.
I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (IDC) Stage II B, Class 3 ER/PR/HER-2 Negative this triple negative means hormone blockers will have no affect.
October 2, 2019 I have a PET Scan. The results showed a third tumor in the same left breast along my sternum. No vital organs seem to be touched. Thank you GOD
First: chemotherapy, 5 months estimated
Second: surgery to remove implants bilaterally, tumors affected lymph nodes, nipples and any microscopic breast tissue.
Fourth: discussing any reconstruction option. If I live through all the above not sure I want that. When I’m well again I will decide then.
“Breast cancer affects one out of every eight women in their lifetime.”spread the word